Weight Loss Motivation
- use a calendar to track your daily exercise, no matter how small to motivate you to keep active.
- keep a diet diary and record everything you eat and drink in a day, and make a goal to drink 6-8 cups of water daily.
- organize your day so that you make time to exercise, to prepare healthy food, and to do something that makes you happy.
- think honestly about how much weight you would like to lose and how quickly you hope to lose it and record your weight once a month.
- if you find yourself eating when you are not hungry, record on your diet diary why you chose to eat it (bored, angry, sad, with friends, etc.) so that you can recognize these distracters and therefore change your behaviour.
- if you tend to overeat, try eating a meal on a smaller plate, or only take out the actual “serving size” of a food item, such as 1/2 cup of cereal, instead of filling the bowl.
- ask a friend/relative to lose weight with you so that it becomes a more enjoyable process that you look forward to sharing.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!