Follow these tips for maximum simple weight loss! If are 100% motivated to lose fat, stick to this plan and see the pounds shed off in 4 weeks!
1) Evaluate what you drink. Remove high sugar drinks such as juice, alcohol, caffeinated specialty drinks and soda. Do not replace them with artificially sweetened drinks. Instead, aim for eight 8oz. glasses of water per day and flavour it with lemons, limes, oranges or frozen fruit. If you are properly hydrated, your body will burn fat efficiently by increasing your metabolism.
2) Write down what you eat for 5 days. How good is your diet? If many of your choices are processed food like cereal, cheese, bagels, canned foods, bread, chips, processed deli meat, microwaveable meals, etc. you are consuming a lot of sugar, salt, high fructose corn syrup, refined carbohydrates and added preservatives, colours and flavours. All of this is hard on your liver which results in weight gain, insulin resistance, high triglycerides. Eat real food. Set aside time to cook and bake from scratch.
3) Cut out caffeine. Eliminate coffee, tea, alcohol and soda. When we consume caffeine, we increase our production of cortisol, the hormone that is released in times of stress. This surge in cortisol increases blood glucose and the excess accumulates directly as fat on your abdomen.
4) Eat a nutritious breakfast. Eat breakfast within 60 minutes from waking up that is high in protein. Cook oatmeal and add shredded apple and pecans. High fibre toast with almond butter and raspberries. Homemade granola with goat milk. Organic plain yogurt with frozen fruit.
5) Exercise and sweat. Move your body at least 20 minutes a day and sweat to aid detoxification. Aim for 20 minutes of weight training 4x/week, upper body one day and lower body with abs the next.
My Patients Have Additional Benefits to Reach Their Fat Loss Goals Even Faster!
1) Blood tests. I check for vitamin/mineral deficiencies, food sensitivities or intolerances, thyroid function, and average blood glucose over 3 months. If you are deficient in iron or vitamin B12 from pharmaceutical drugs, poor diet or digestion, you won’t have as much energy to exercise as often as you need to. Eating foods your body is sensitive to causes bloating, fatigue, cortisol to rise and inflammation which all promote weight gain. The thyroid is the master metabolism gland, so if yours is not working properly, you will have a difficult time losing weight. If you blood sugar is high, you need to follow a specific diet to regulate your glucose and increase your ability to lose weight.
2) Urinary Analysis. I assess for acidity and dehydration. The more alkaline your body and properly hydrated, the better your digestion, which allows you to absorb essential nutrients and an increased metabolism.
3) Acupuncture. I’ve been practicing acupuncture for over 10 years and have seen amazing results for my patients when they combine my nutrition and exercise recommendations. Acupuncture appointments may be once or twice a week, depending on your weight loss goal and results are seen within a few weeks.
4) Weight loss supplements free of additives, preservatives and non-medicinal ingredients. Weight loss can absolutely be amplified by the correct combination of vitamins, herbs and protein. Depending on several factors, each person is unique with respect to what their body needs to boost their metabolism and speed fat loss. For example, last February I gave birth to my third baby boy in the past 3 years. In May I decided to formulate a new vegan protein powder as well as a digestion booster that I could use as my breakfast without detoxifying while breastfeeding. In 4 months I lost 30 lbs and I have kept it off following many of the tips I have shared with you!
To book an appointment with me, use the on-line form on my website or phone the Norwich Medical Centre at 519-863-2338.
INGREDIENTS: 1 lb. ground grass-fed beef 1 lb. ground grass-fed turkey 1 lb. Hungarian grass-fed pork sausage 1 onion, chopped 1 egg, beaten 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley 1 tbsp. dried Italian spices 1 tsp. ...
Xenoestrogens – Environmental Toxins
Becoming aware of environmental toxins is a big step to preventing certain types of cancer. Breast and prostate cancers are hormone dependant, where as lung and liver cancers are hormone sensitive. Xenoestrogens are ...
Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free Pizza Dough Recipe
Gluten-Free, Yeast-Free Pizza Dough Ingredients: 1/2 cup Tapioca Starch (I use Yupik organic) 1/2 cup White Rice Flour (I use Yupik organic) 2/3 cup Goat Milk 2 eggs 1 tsp. Sea Salt 1 tbsp. ...
Rhubarb Raspberry Jam
My husband picked 6 fresh rhubarb stalks from our garden for me. Since I didn’t have any fresh strawberries, I decided to try making a small batch of jam with organic frozen raspberries I use ...
Pesticides are used on fruits, vegetables, and grains. These chemicals are absorbed into our body through our food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we breathe. Chronic exposure to pesticides has been ...
Gluten-Free Stuffed Chicken Breast
Ingredients 4 organic skinless, boneless chicken breast halves freshly ground black pepper 1 small bunch of organic spinach leaves 4 slices of cheese (I use Oxford's Harvest by local Gunn’s Hill) 4 slices of bacon ...