Dr. Andrea Hornyak, B.A. (Psychology), N.D.
Dr. Hornyak has Extensive Experience in Treating the Following Conditions for over the past 12 years:
- Skin Conditions (eczema, acne, psoriasis, fungus, hives, Athlete’s foot, folliculitis)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Headaches (migraines, tension headaches, sinus headaches, cluster headaches)
- Low Energy (adrenal fatigue, vitamin/mineral deficiency, insomnia, depression, side effects from drugs or alcohol)
- Women’s Health (PMS, breast tenderness, painful periods, infertility, endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, facial hair growth, menopause, hot flashes, night sweats, low libido, urinary incontinence, hormonal imbalance, cervical dysplasia)
- Men’s Health (enlarged prostate, prostate health, frequent nightly urination, infertility, low sperm count, erectile dysfunction)
- Mental Health (anxiety, depression, ADD/ADHD, poor memory, lack of concentration, behaviour problems, anger or irritability, Seasonal Affective Disorder)
- Insomnia (difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, waking up without feeling refreshed, not recalling dreams, low energy)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Digestion Problems (constipation, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, bloating, gas, hemorroids, heartburn, food sensitivities, gall bladder problems, iron or vitamin B12 deficiencies, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Celiac Disease)
- Weight Management (difficulty losing weight, difficulty gaining weight, poor diet, food addiction)
- Auto-Immune Disease (Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Hashimoto’s, Celiac Disease, Chronic Auto-Immune Hepatitis)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia
- Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Thyroid Conditions (Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Graves’ Disease, Hashimoto’s)
- Allergies (food intolerances, seasonal allergies, environmental sensitivities)
- Poor Immunity (frequent cold/flu, yeast infections, urinary tract infections, cold sores, sinus infections, pre and post surgery support, frequent anti-biotic use)
- Anti-Aging (smoking cessation, dark spots, wrinkles, baggy skin, cancer prevention)
Dr. Hornyak is an Honours Graduate of Otterville Public School, Norwich District High School, Wilfrid Laurier Univeristy, and The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. Hornyak completed her pre-medical studies at Wilfrid Laurier University, where she obtained a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology. She further pursued her passion for helping others and was accepted to the 4-year, full-time medical program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, Ontario. It was from here that she graduated with Honours as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.) in 2005.
Dr. Hornyak is a Registered and Licensed Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine with the Province of Ontario under the RHPA.
Fluent in both English and Hungarian, Dr. Hornyak brings her drive for optimal health, expertise in Naturopathic Medicine, and compassion for people to her work at Vital Force Naturopathic Medicine.
Dr. Hornyak and her husband Tharren are proud parents to their three young sons, Luke, T.J., and Titan.
Media & Publications:
- Norwich Gazette Newspaper Column ~ “Spotlight on Naturopathic Medicine”
- 7 Heart FM ~ Healthbeat Naturopathic Doctor Expert
Vital Link – The Journal of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors: Volume 22, Issue 1, Spring 2015
Healthy Directions Magazine
- Township of Norwich Chamber of Commerce ~ Director
- Township of Norwich Health and Wellness Advisory Committee
- Oxford Women in Networking
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine ~ Alumni
- Wilfrid Laurier University ~ Alumni
- Delta Gamma Fraternity ~ Alumni